Celebrate its 30e As one of the world’s most loved and visited hotel brands, Holiday Inn Express makes travel easy so guests can be there for important times. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, Holiday Inn Express is wherever guests want and need to be. Whether our guests take a trip across the country to the United States or visit the beautiful beaches of Bali, Holiday Inn Express delivers hospitality with a cohesive and efficient experience that guests know and love, offering everything from free Express Start breakfast to modern guest rooms designed for rest and comfort.
“Holiday Inn Express was created to challenge the travel industry by believing in the power of simple and smart travel. Our owners benefit from high occupancy rates, our decidedly contemporary design and strong performance that has continued throughout the pandemic, ”said Stephanie Atiasé, Vice President at IHG Hotels & Resorts and Global Brand Manager for Holiday Inn Express. “Now, having developed strong customer loyalty, we are marking a milestone with more than 3,000 hotels in 50 countries with dedicated hotel colleagues who are passionate about service. As we look to the future and welcome a new generation of travelers, we will continue to deliver a great sleep experience, our beloved Express Start breakfast while innovating in ways that matter most to our customers. “
New properties in growing markets allowing Holiday Inn Express to reach 3,000 open locations:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Doral – Miami (WE): A brand new, fresh and contemporary hotel with spaces that allow guests to be productive, to connect with friends, family and colleagues. Near Doral bustling shopping districts like Miami International Mall, Dolphin Mall and CityPlace Doral, guests have a variety of entertainment options such as dining, comedy, bowling, movies, nightlife and top shopping range.
Holiday Inn Express is expanding across the United States and since 2019, the hotel has opened 11 new hotels in Florida alone. The brand has experienced 5% growth in openings in the Americas region since 2019.
EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST, ASIA AND AFRICA (EMEAA):
- Holiday Inn Express Düsseldorf – Hauptbahnhof (Germany): The largest Holiday Inn Express in Europe, this property is located near the central railway line of the city and charming Old City. Showcasing the contemporary next-generation Holiday Inn Express designs, the new opening offers inviting guest rooms and a pillow menu to ensure a good night’s rest.
Germany is one of the brand’s leading markets in Europe, with 44 hotels and 11 of these hotels added to the German market since 2019. The number of Holiday Inn Express hotels in the European market has increased by more than 10% since 2019.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Queenstown (New Zealand): This is the first opening of the brand in New Zealand, making its country debut in the summer of 2020. Located near popular ski destinations, this property has an elegant alpine vibe and features an outdoor lounge and fireplace.
Across the EMEAA region, Holiday Inn Express has partnered with owners to build hotels that deliver cohesive experiences for IHG Rewards members with localized design elements that capture the vibe of each city.
- Holiday Inn Express Zhuhai Gongbei: Located in the center of Gongbei CBD, this property is near a transportation hub and bullet train, and within walking distance of restaurants, entertainment and shopping. The hotel overlooks the coast where the large Hongkong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge spans the bay and the Macau Skyline, offering a magnificent view from the panoramic windows of each room.
Greater China accounts for more than half of the brand’s total global growth. The brand development strategy is aligned with from China The high-speed train mapping and franchise model supports robust growth in the region. Holiday Inn Express hotels can be found in almost every part of China – including 31 provinces and municipalities.
Holiday Inn Express continues to serve the needs of today’s savvy traveler and enjoys connecting with guests on all social channels (including the recently launched TikTok page). The renewed brand designs and signature Express Start breakfast were developed using in-depth customer knowledge as well as operational contributions from owners and operators. The enhanced breakfast offering features guest favorites including signature pancakes, beloved hot cinnamon rolls, and IHG’s exclusive recipe for bacon **. In response to growing consumer demand for healthy options, the breakfast menu includes items like Hormel Turkey Sausage, Chobani Greek Yogurt, fresh fruit, and old-fashioned oatmeal.
To celebrate Holiday Inn Express reaching 3,000 hotels, IHG Hotel & Resorts is offering 300,000 IHG Rewards points to the person with the winning social video submission on “Why You Love Holiday Inn Express”. The next ten submissions will receive 3000 IHG Rewards points. Points can be used to book stays and other purchases at IHG properties around the world ***. Submissions should include the hashtag # HolidayInnExpress3000Contest, tag @HIExpress on Twitter or @HolidayInnExpress on Instagram, and be posted between December 1, 2021 and December 31, 2021 on eligible social platforms (Twitter and Instagram).
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. The competition starts at 12:00 p.m. ET to 12/1/21 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on 12/31/21. Open only to legal residents of the 50 US / DC, & Canada (except QC) 21 years and over. For official rules, including how to participate, entry requirements, prize details and restrictions, visit https://Holidayinnexpresshareyourlovecontest.prizelogic.com. 1 Grand Prize (300,000 IHG Rewards points, worth $ 1,200) and 10 first prizes (3,000 IHG Rewards points, worth $ 12 USD each) available. Empty in Quebec & where prohibited. Messaging and data charges may apply. Sponsor: Six Continents Hotels, Inc., Three Ravinia Dr., Suite 100, Atlanta, Georgia 30346 United States.
About the Holiday Inn Express: For travelers on the go, Holiday Inn Express offers more where it matters most – a good night’s sleep with our Restful Recharge program, focused service from genuine people, and the included Express Start breakfast, all designed for help customers feel more than ready for their day. As the fastest growing brand for IHG Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Express aims to enable true human connections by providing a simple and smart travel experience. For more information, visit www.holidayinnexpress.com and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About IHG Hotels & Resorts:
IHG Hotels and Resorts [LON:IHG,NYSE:IHG (ADRs)] is a global hotel company, whose aim is to provide genuine hospitality for the good.
With a family of 17 hotel brands and IHG Rewards, one of the largest hotel loyalty programs in the world, IHG has more than 6,000 hotels open in more than 100 countries, with 1,800 more in development.
– Luxury and lifestyle: Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas, Regent Hotels & Resorts, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Vignette Collection, Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, Hotel Indigo
– Premium: voco Hotels, HUALUXE Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, EVEN Hotels
– Essential: Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Express, passionate hotels
– Suites: Atwell Suites, Staybridge Suites, Holiday Inn Club Vacations, Candlewood Suites
Responsible travel and guest safety remains a top priority at every Holiday Inn Express property. As a member of IHG Hotels & Resorts, guests can relax with the IHG Cleanliness Promise which ensures that every room will be clean to their satisfaction upon arrival. If the room does not meet standards upon check-in, Holiday Inn Express promises to correct it. Learn more about IHG’s cleanliness initiatives and guest programs here.
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC is the holding company of the group and is incorporated and registered in England and Wales. Around 350,000 people work in IHG hotels and offices around the world.
Visit us online to learn more about our hotels, reservations and IHG Rewards. For our latest news, visit our press room and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
SOURCE IHG Hotels & Resorts